A woman in the developing world spends an average of 90 cents out of every dollar on education and healthcare for her children and family. For men, the statistics are closer to 30%, so that supporting women has a multiplier effect as her family and community also benefit from her choices, leadership, and prosperity.
Ibu works with women artisans in 34 countries, collaborating with 71 different cooperatives and groups.
We're honored to create with strong groups in:
SOUTH AFRICA (1)
SOUTH SUDAN (1)
ABOUT 70% OF IBU’S PRODUCTS ARE DESIGNED IN-HOUSE AND CRAFTED BY ONE OF THESE 71 GROUPS, OFFERING YOU UNIQUE ITEMS FOUND NOWHERE ELSE. THE REMAINING 30% OF WHAT WE SELL IS BOUGHT WHOLESALE FROM THE ARTISANS AT A MORE-THAN-FAIR-TRADE PRICE, CREATING LIVELIHOOD, COLLEGIALITY, AND BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN IBU ALLIES AND ARTISANS.